Introduction to PTE
PTE stands for Pearson Test of English Academic. It is a computer reliable test of English language. It is crafted for the individuals who want to settle down in foreign nations where English language is considered prime not only in the workforce, in addition, on a daily basis too. That is, English based Countries. Hence, individuals who wish to move abroad either for study purposes or for work experience have to bridge the gap by taking PTE. None other than Masterstroke can make it possible for you. It offers PTE coaching in Amritsar, Punjab
Benefits of PTE
- Quick results - It is evident that PTE Academic generates results very quickly. They are often delivered in business days, so that no one has to wait for the results.
- Flexible Dates - PTE conducts tests throughout the year, i.e. almost 363 days. The tests are arranged worldwide at over 200 plus locations. Hence, one can choose the time and date as per his/her own availability.
- Authentic - PTE test is acceptable by thousands of organizations and institutions worldwide. It is approved by the Government of Australia not only for study purposes, however for work experiences and migration cases too. PTE rules in multiple nations along with Australia such as Canada, USA, Ireland, UK and New Zealand. The importance of the test can be judged from the fact that Yale, INSEAD and Harvard like universities accept PTE test for further growth.
Types of PTE
The Pearson Test of English is further partitioned into two types and is explained in a better way by Masterstroke, PTE centre in Amritsar. The content is as follows:
Academic PTE test
This type of PTE test is specifically meant for non native people who actually want to go abroad and pursue higher education. It is used to assess English proficiency at all levels that is – Reading, Listening, Writing and Speaking. It comprises of a single multi level test.
General PTE test
This PTE test was earlier known as The London Test of English. The General PTE test is crafted to examine the achievement in English Language Learning. Unlike Academic PTE test, it comprises of six levels including a written paper and an interview.
Format of PTE
Each phase of Academic PTE test whether Reading, Writing, Speaking and listening is carried out in a detailed manner with respective sections taking corresponding time. Each section further demands a description of each listed item and hence, this reflects on the basic working principle of PTE Academic test. Highly probable that all these phases hold equal importance for PTE coaching centers.
SPEAKING & WRITING
Time taken – 81 to 90 minutes
It comprises of six sections which are segregated on the basis of item type and hence are given as follows:
- Section 1 – It is based on a personal introduction involving individuals detail
- Section 2 – It consist of acts such as Reading aloud, Repeating the sentence, Describing an image, Re telling the lecture and answering the short questions
- Section 3 to 4 – These are summary based sections. An individual either has to write an essay or to summarize the written text given in these sections.
- Section 5 – Just like the upper sections, same task has to be performed in this part too.
- Section 6 – An essay has to be written in this section.
Time taken – 20 minutes
This part of the PTE test provides certain tasks to be performed which are discussed below:
- Single answer has to be chosen from MCQ’s
- Choosing multiple answers from MCQ’s
- Rearranging the paragraphs
- Fill in the blanks regarding Reading only
- Fill in the blanks regarding Reading and Writing both
Time taken – 40 to 60 minutes
The Listening section is further divided into two small sections which are as follows:
- Section 1 – A person has to summarize the text which has been
- Section 2 – It further involves acts like choosing multiple answers from MCQ’s, filling the blanks, highlighting the summaries, choosing single answer from MCQ’s, searching missing words, highlighting incorrect words and extracting from dictation.
Scores of PTE
You may feel surprised to know that PTE diversify the scores in three aspects i.e. over all scoring, communication skills scoring and enabling skills scoring. Each score aspect lies in a particular range and is based on different grounds. It can be easily understood with the help of Masterstroke which offers PTE coaching in Amritsar and by going through them:
- Overall scoring - This is particularly based on the performance receipt of all items. The range of the score points is 10 to 90.
- Communicative skills scoring - This is concluded on the basis of all aspects of English language - listening, reading, speaking and writing. The range of the score points is 10 to 90.
- Enabling skills scoring - The basic skills tested are fluency, grammatical sense, spelling, pronunciation, writing style and vocabulary. The range of the score point is 10 to 90.